WE'RE MOVING SOON. DON'T PAY US ANY ATTENTION. THIS VERSION OF DROP-BOMB is officially DEAD.

August 31, 2008

Soulful Sundaes: Solange - God Given Name



I almost want to put this song on Autoplay and just let it bang whenever ya'll go to the page. Solange opens up with a statement. "I AM ME. JUST MY GOD GIVEN NAME." Not only is the vibe on this song DUMB funky, but what she is saying is MAD SERIOUS. This is the opening song to her album, Sol-Angel and the Hadley St. Dreams. Solange is finally out of the box. The world's not ready..but they better be. I ALWAYS thought she was more beautiful than her older sibling, not to take away from "B", but I'm just saying, it was only inevitable she would break out. She is seriously rhyming some HEAT on here..the part where it breaks down..MMMMM. I need to remix this NOW. I'm lovin it! Back to the music though!


Solange - God Given Name - Solange


Lemme Find the Lyrics..

Get me Get me out of this box
I feel so claustrophobic in here
Leave your labels leave with no patience
Hear my voice and fill with your ears
I'm no soul girl equipped with no afro.
I'm just my god given name.

I'm not becoming expectation
I'm not her and never will be
Two girls gone in different direction
Striving towards the same galaxy
Let my star light shine on its own
No I'm no sister.
I'm just my god given name

And I'm sorry if this planet that I'm living on is quizzical.
My lyrical ambition some times dont ring a bell
I'm sorry if my visual don't lie to put my feelings
And my physical exhibit doesn't represent me well
I'm sorry if I'm curious, delirious and I don't take life serious

I'm here at the life of a million debts.
And I'm sorry if I'm talking shit.
But I really do mean well

We gotta long long moon to glow
Hadley's the long road to travel
I gotta dream to keep my eye open (2x)

We got so long to go
We got so far to go
Hadley's the long road
Hadley's the long road
God given name


Thank you Solange..and WELCOME..

TO SOULFUL SUNDAES.
=!=

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments: