WE'RE MOVING SOON. DON'T PAY US ANY ATTENTION. THIS VERSION OF DROP-BOMB is officially DEAD.

November 22, 2008

Sample of the Week - Kraftwerk


I know you thought I wasn't gonna come through but after spending some time in the house with the techno twinz (No Helio) I thought to myself. We sure don't feature enough techno on here considering the huge Seattle scene. I'm not very aware of it though compared to mike who's on point with everything, I'm mostly a hip-hop kinda dude, so he's the best man for the job to bring you up to speed on that.

Anyway, here we have kraftwerk. I would say the original Daft Punk. That is... kinda crossover techno to influence other genres. Like how Daft Punk is inspiring Kanye and others right now. Kraftwerk was influencing David Bowie, Iggy Pop, Elton John, Micheal Jackson, Duran Duran and the list will probably go on forever as will their music. Kraftwerk is still playing shows to this day.

Writer: Kraftwerk - The Man Machine


I think youtube was invented for this video. My point: Did ANYBODY ever know this Jay-Z video existed? I mean, I knew it existed (obviously I got it for this) but I remember back in the day when I was this huge Jay-Z stan and I swore I knew everything. Then youtube came along and I just ran into the video randomly. Then I was like wow. I don't blame them for not showing this video at all.

Biter: Jay-z & Foxy Brown & Babyface - Sunshine



Anyway, there's a few other samples in there you can look up for their own addition to the song:

"Cha Cha Cha" by MC Lyte
"Rockin It" by Fearless Four
"Sunshine" by Alexander O'Neal

The track was done from Prestige of the Hitmen who's known for his electronica influence. He also did one of my favorite tracks on the album, "Imaginary Player" thus the reason for the picture of the Hitmen above.

Good night folks.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments: